High-tech for high power: Kaplan turbine with permanent magnet generator
Our smart Kaplan turbine – KDP (Kaplan turbine, double-regulated, with permanent-magnet generator) is an advancement of our KDR model, whose performance has been proven for decades. We joined hands with an electrical systems and machines institute to develop generators that are integrated directly into our Kaplan turbine without transmission gear. The built-in generator is based on the permanent-magnet principle, which is well known for wind turbines, and can be operated at a fixed speed without electronics. The integrated design without additional bearings is a perfect blend of the simplicity and accessibility of classic systems and excellent efficiency.
• Use of a directly coupled permanent-magnet synchronous generator
• Highest overall efficiency of the turbine unit with generator
• Low-noise operation
• Maintenance-free since belt maintenance and renewal of the flat belts is not necessary
• Less space required in the machine room
• Highest precision and excellent processing of the turbine components
• Cavitation-resistant impeller material
• Use of materials that are optimized for the highest stress levels
"Made in Germany" quality
We only rely on the best possible processing and highest “Made in Germany” quality for production of our Kaplan turbines. All the necessary turbine components are manufactured in Germany, which enables us to ensure long-term and smooth operation.
Our network of business partners is not only national, but also regional. This makes it possible for us to meet with all our suppliers personally and discuss your concerns whenever necessary. Each of our partners is a specialist in their field. Loyalty to these specialists is very important to us. With this fixed production chain, we can always guarantee you the highest quality standards.