WATEC-Hydro – KDR Kaplan turbine
Proven technology, rock-solid implementation: our basic KDR model with belt drive.
The KDR is our classic Kaplan turbine. It has a vertical shaft, is double-regulated, with belt drive. The generator is driven by a high-performance flat belt with a leather friction layer. On-site gluing of the high-performance flat belt is not necessary since it can be mounted in a boundless state without dismantling the turbine traverse system. This proven turbine concept is significantly cheaper than our direct-drive models, which offer approximately 5% more efficiency in annual production.
• Highest precision and excellent processing of turbine parts
• Long-term and trouble-free operation
• Maintenance-friendly design
• Materials that are suitable for the highest stress levels
• Corrosion protection according to DIN 19704-2
• Fast and cost-effective installation
• Low-noise belt drive
• Cavitation-resistant rotor material
• Proven classic at an attractive price
“Made in Germany” quality
We only rely on the best possible processing and highest “Made in Germany” quality for production of our Kaplan turbines. All the necessary turbine components are manufactured in Germany, which enables us to ensure long-term and smooth operation.
Our network of business partners is not only national, but also regional. This makes it possible for us to meet with all our suppliers personally and discuss your concerns whenever necessary. Each of our partners is a specialist in their field. Loyalty to these specialists is very important to us. With this fixed production chain, we can always guarantee you the highest quality standards.